Monday, August 11, 2008

#17 Twins

(A JAM C) I remember studying about cross-pollination in a high school science class.  At least I think that's what it was called.  Basically, my biology showed a picture of a red rose and a white one.  The result of those two roses being close together formed a bunch of pink roses.  Then, the pink roses together made a whole array of roses.  Most were pink, but some were red, and some were white.  "Hmm, that's cool," I thought.  And that was the end of that story for a few years.

A few years ago, what I learned in biology resurfaced when a biracial man and woman came together, and gave birth two twins.  Not just any twins though, but some of the most fascinating twins that this world has ever seen.  Here's a picture.
This obviously doesn't always happen, but in this case one of the daughters got all of the black genes, and one of them got all of the white ones.  I can't even begin to tell you how awesome this is!  Biracial people have the advantage of having beautiful children along a w
hole spectrum of races.  Most will end up looking exactly like their parents, but many of them will look like these two girls pictured.

I have two young nieces.  They're both 1/4ths black.  One of my nieces looks exactly like she's supposed to look, but my other niece looks very different.  It's so funny to look at her when she's standing next to my sister, but I don't care.  She's one of the most beautiful little girls in the world to me.  Looking at this picture, and seeing my niece and my sister together, and thinking how different, but how beautiful they look together brings a smile to my face.

I can only hope that I'm as lucky when I have children.  They're a blessing, and I'm thankful for the skin that God has put me in.  I can only hope that all biracial people would feel the same way.




No comments: