Thursday, July 24, 2008

#11 Bass over Treble




Last night I was crusing in the car with my roommate, driving all over columbus at crazy hours of the night and of course, blasting music with the windows rolled down. Earlier in the day, I had exposed her to the wonderful world of music that existed on my ipod. I kid you not, the first thing that was adjusted when we began listening to my music was increase the bass, decrease the treble. How can you listen to Sade with the treble on high? How can you listen to Adele with the treble high? How can you listen to any soulful song with the treble on high?

Biracial people like their bass.

I like to feel it in my chest. I like to see it rattle the rearview mirror as I'm driving down the road. I like for YOU to hear it too as i'm driving in your neighborhood. Yeah, it's like that.

Needless to say, as we switched back to her music selection in her ipod by the end of the night, sure enough, the first thing adjusted was the decrease of bass and increase of treble.


Treble out, Janara aka mocha dream

No comments: